Who is ready for a Mojito? I know Monday was yesterday but Mojitos can really be made any day/night. They are perfect for a casual night at home or make a pitcher and share with your friends! Its really simple to make and so refreshing to drink in the summer time.
Mouth watering yet? Okay lets make sure we have all the ingredients we need to make the mojito of your dreams…or just a damn good mojito to enjoy!
- Glass with sugar top so it looks pretty (dip glass in water and then dip in sugar)
- Bicardi Rum -you don’t have to use Bicardi but I love it so i use it
- Master of Mixes, mojito mix. You can find it on here-https://amzn.to/2SAz6i
- Ice cubes
- Lime wedges
- Mint leaves -you can find them in most supermarkets by the cilantro and other herbs
How to make that amazing mojito you were dreaming about:
- Add a shot of Rum of your choice to the already prepared sugar glass (or regular glass if you aren’t feeling creative) 1 shot makes a decent mojito. If you had a hard day you may want a second shot of the rum.
- Add a shot of plain water -its easier to sip when the rum is slightly diluted.
- Put in the lime wedges, mint leaves and ice cubes.
- Fill the glass with the mojito mix.
- Taste and adjust to your liking
Its a fairly simple recipe and you can play around with it even if you did not attend bartending school (I have not either) You can also add fruit like watermelon or a splash of fruit juice or fruit punch to give it a more refreshing taste.
Enjoy your drink and remember, its happy hour somewhere!